Control System Engineer | Toronto, Canada
Welcome to a great opportunity for a Control System Engineer looking for a position with an industry leading firm. Our typical projects involve multiple applications and technologies including Automation (SCADA, PLC, HMI, DCS, Instrumentation, etc), IT (databases, networks, interfaces, applications, cloud, etc), telecommunication networks, and other related systems.
The role of the Control System Engineer is to…
- Design to integration including supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), plant controls, telecommunication, and related systems.
- Design and program SCADA Systems, human-machine interface (HMI), and PLCs for domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants.
- Provide technical support to help clients deal with any on-site treatment issues post-equipment installation; troubleshoot communication issues between field devices, communication networks, PLC and SCADA.
- Review and prepare design plans, process control narratives, instrument lists, and I/O lists.
- Will be responsible for operating system and other software upgrades for onsite production networks.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field or equivalent experienceControl System Engineer
- 5-15 years of technical experience with technology-related projects in consulting engineering firms:
- Detailed PLC & SCADA programming required
- GE iFix experience required.
- GE Rx3i experience preferred.
- ControlLogix experience preferred.
- Must be have an advanced understanding of PLC and HMI programming
- Use and creation of UDTs and function blocks.
- Ability to modify existing and create new VBA code.
- Project implementation
- Systems Integration
- User Training
- Deployment and continuing support/maintenance
- Recent experience in water/wastewater industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have prior experience writing control narratives for an industrial process.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience using, Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Ability to travel to client sites as required for business development, technical meetings and/or commissioning. Travel is project and opportunity specific but not expected to be more than 30%.